The Competition of the Champions League is in full gear now.I think the 2014 went forgotten.We have all the big players on the scene showing their skills while the the whole football world is watching
The stake is huge and we would like to address the details of the new in fact distribution system of the revenue adopted by UEFA
The new system has significant increase from the 2012-15 cycle
Apparently all the revenues will be centralized for the first time into one pot in the ratio of 3:3:1 between Champions League and UEFA Europe League.In the cycle of 2012-15 we had 2 separate pots ,one for the Champions League and one for the Europe LeagueThe ratio was,every 1 euro clubs in Europe League received,the clubs in Champions League received 4.3 euro
The global forecast pot per season available for the distribution to clubs in UEFA ch.l amounts to 1.257bn
Clubs involved in the playoffs will receive 50m euro: 2m euro to each play-offs winner and 3m euro to the eliminated clubs
The amount of 1,207bn euro available for the group stage clubs will be split between fixed amount and market pool which will be reduced from 45% to 40% of the total
Here is the breakdown
FIXED AMOUNTS (724’4m)
Group Stage fee 12m euro
Group stage performance 1,5 m euro win/draw 500k draw
Round of 16 5,5 m euro
Quarter-finals 6m euro
Semi finals 7m euro
Final 15m winners/10,5m runners up
Additionally the winners of the 2015 UEFA Super Cup will receive 4m euro and runners up 3m euro
Market pool (€482.9m)
• The amount of €482.9m will be distributed according to the proportional value of each TV market represented by the clubs taking part in the UEFA Champions League (group stage onwards) and be split among the clubs participating from a given association.
• In accordance with the existing system, half of the amount representing the value of each market will be split among the clubs based on their performance in the previous domestic league championship and the other half will be paid in proportion to the number of matches played by each team in the 2015/16 UEFA Champions League.
• Each time that a club of an association represented by one or more clubs in the UEFA Champions League group stage is eliminated in the play-offs, 10% of the respective association’s market pool share will be allocated to the eliminated club. This is a new arrangement, which was not contemplated in the distribution system beforehand.
Solidarity payments to clubs not qualified to the group stages
An enhanced distribution system for solidarity payments for clubs not competing in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League group stage has also been adopted by UEFA for the 2015-18 cycle.
• The distribution to clubs participating in the qualification phases of either competition (except those qualifying to the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, which will not be entitled to these solidarity payments) will represent 3.5% of the overall revenues. An amount of at least €78.6m will be distributed, compared to €47.5m in the 2012-15 cycle, thus representing an increase of around 60%.
• Clubs eliminated prior to the group stage will receive the following amounts per round: €200k in the first qualifying round, €300k in the second qualifying round and €400k in the third qualifying round (this latter, if not involved in the UEFA Champions League play-offs). In addition, any domestic champion not qualified for the group stage of the UEFA Champions League will receive €250k.
Solidarity payments to clubs not qualified for UEFA club competitions
• A total of €112m will be distributed to national associations and/or leagues for their clubs, compared to €82.4m in the 2012-15 cycle, thus representing an increase of more than 35%. 80% of this amount will be distributed to national associations and/or leagues with at least one club participating in the UEFA Champions League group stage and 20% to national associations and/or leagues without participating clubs. Only clubs not participating in the group stage of either competition will be entitled to a share of these solidarity payments.